8 Genius Solutions For Your Pets In The Kitchen
You love your pets — there’s no question about that. But sometimes their stuff can be hard to incorporate into your space. When it comes to food and water bowls, beds, crates, and even kibble storage there are plenty of ways to seamlessly make your furry friends part of your home — including the kitchen. Here are eight genius ways to organize your pet supplies in your kitchen.
- Hidden Bowls: Especially if you don’t leave food down for your pets all day, these hidden food and water bowls will come in handy. Slide them out at mealtime and hide them away the rest of the day. (Although, it’s probably best to keep water down all day long.)
- Eating & Sleeping Station: What looks like a former secretary desk was easily converted into an eating and sleeping station with just a few updates. We love that it not only accommodates this blogger’s feline friend, but also provides storage for those important things like cat brushes, medicine, and even a treat or two.
- Cabinet Bed: If you’re planning a kitchen remodel, be sure to build in some space for your pup as well. We love this little nook built directly into the cabinet. It’s the cosiest way for your dog to feel close to you when you’re in your kitchen.
- Built-In Gate: This built-in gate is a real “why didn’t we think of that” upgrade. It’s perfect for new puppies to keep them penned into a specific area when you’re cooking and don’t want them underfoot. Or for older dogs when you need to keep them in a specific place when you leave the house.
- Counter Crate: This built-in crate takes the cabinet bed a step further. If you are in the habit of crating your dogs when you go out or at night to keep them from roaming the house, this crate is the perfect solution. The only downside? Any cabinet storage space you’d be giving up.
- Food Storage Drawer: We love the idea of keeping kibble in a pull-out like this. Just be warned that larger dogs (especially smart ones!) might be able to figure out a way to get this cabinet open. If you opt for this food storage solution, invest in some childproofing gadgets as well.
- See-Through Containers: If you have several different pets, and they all get different kinds of food, set up this system of clear storage containers (all well labelled, of course). That way you’ll be able to tell when supplies are running low at a glance.
- Cat Playground: Okay this is technically in a home office, but we couldn’t resist including it since we’re guessing this man has a pretty great set up in his kitchen too. You’d have to if you had 18 cats!
More from our blog
Designer Kitchens Working with the best luxury brands, Inova Kitchens have a beautiful range of designer kitchens available. Whether you have contemporary or traditional tastes we have the right products for you. A combination of our great product range and our creative team we have the correct ingredients to offer not only a luxurious feel…
Kitchen Design in Luton At Inova Kitchens in Luton, we have dedicated designers who have vast experience within the kitchen industry and are able to bring the best out of your kitchen space. They are experts not only from a design perspective but also are incredibly knowledgable with regards to the technical aspects of kitchen…
Contemporary Kitchens at Inova “Design is so simple, that is why it is so complicated” Simplicity is extremely important in a contemporary kitchen. Clean lines, no clutter and simple materials bound together to create what we would describe as a functional work of art. It is very easy to overcomplicate a kitchen by trying too…